It was one of the most difficult holidays to go on just because it required us to be able to take 4 weeks off our jobs. At the same time. That's why it took us almost 8 years from the moment we first started thinking about it till the day we arrived at Paris-CDG airport finally ready to leave for Nepal and Himalayas.
- Research and preparations
- Island Peak summit
- Night at Everest Base Camp
- Planned itinerary
- Packing list
The itinerary planned before obviously got slightly revised during the trip, especially its trekking part, and we ended up doing what essentially was 2 passes trek extended with Island Peak climb and night at Everest Base Camp.
- Day 1: Lukla to Monjo
- Day 2: Monjo to Namche Bazaar
- Day 3: Acclimatisation day in Namche Bazaar
- Day 4: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche, forgotten side hike to prayer flags
- Day 5: Tengboche to Pangboche, side hike to Ama Dablam Base Camp
- Day 6: Pangboche to Dingboche, side hike to Nangkartshang Peak
- Day 7: Dingboche to Chhukhung, side hike to Chhukhung Ri
- Day 8: Chhukhung to Island Peak Base Camp
- Day 9: Island Peak summit
- Day 10: Rest day in Chhukhung
- Day 11: Kongma La Pass: Chhukhung to Italian Pyramid
- Day 12: Italian Pyramid to Gorak Shep, side hike to Kala Patthar
- Day 13: Gorak Shep to Everest Base Camp, night at Everest Base Camp
- Day 14: Everest Base Camp to Italian Pyramid
- Day 15: Italian Pyramid to Dzongla
- Day 16: Cho La Pass: Dzongla to Thagnak
- Day 17: Thagnak to Gokyo, side hike to Gokyo Ri
- Day 18: Side hike to 6th lake: Gyazumba Tsho
- Day 19: Gokyo to Dole
- Day 20: Dole to Namche Bazaar
- Day 21: Namche Bazaar to Lukla
- Day 22: Flight back to Kathmandu
Yes, as you have probably noticed we did not go over the Renjo La Pass, which makes our trek "2 passes" only.
After getting back from Lukla we have spent 4 days visiting Kathmandu area.
A special shout-out: